Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
Estate planning, including the creation of wills and trusts, is among the most important of actions available to protect assets. At the Toronto law firm of Clark Farb Fiksel LLP, lawyers Stuart Peikes, J.B. Peikes and Ephraim Fiksel have a combined 80 years plus of experience helping clients plan for the orderly distribution of assets on death and assisting clients in organizing their financial affairs during their lifetimes.
Comprehensive Assistance to Protect Your Assets
We work with clients and, often, their accountants and financial advisers to generate and implement estate plans by preparing and creating:
- Powers of attorney/living wills
- All types of trusts, including inter vivos trusts (living trusts), testamentary trusts, spousal trusts, family trusts, special needs trusts for adults and minors and various specialty trusts
- Estate freezes and rollovers
- Real estate, corporate and insurance solutions
- Disputes and challenges regarding testamentary documents
- Guidance for when a loved one passes without a valid will
Creating Customized Solutions That Fit Your Family’s Needs
We are skilled at providing customized legal solutions. Meeting with you to discuss your concerns is an integral part of the process. We provide services specific to your situation and needs, including:
- Protecting intergenerational assets by minimizing, avoiding and deferring taxes, and by transferring ownership, where advisable
- Anticipating legal needs and drafting estate planning documents accordingly
- Executing estate freezes
- Maximizing government benefits
We can protect family assets like homes, vacation properties and bank accounts. We can prepare each family member for medical emergencies through health care powers of attorney. And we can protect family businesses through succession planning and other legal processes and devices.
Assistance With Probate and Estate Administration
Our lawyers also provide guidance for executors, trustees, beneficiaries and possible heirs during the estate administration process. We know this can be a difficult time for the family. We focus on efficiency, accountability and communication with the family so they know all aspects of the estate have been settled appropriately and in accordance with the decedent’s wishes.
For more information regarding our firm and for experienced estate planning legal help, contact our office at 888-664-3779. We accept credit cards, speak English and French and are conveniently located in the Yorkville area of Toronto.