J.B.’s law practice includes all aspects of estate and trust planning, estate freezes, corporate/commercial, and wealth management. In addition, he oversees business and personal matters for a number of clients in the sports and entertainment industries. After summering, articling and working as an associate lawyer at a large downtown Toronto law firm, J.B. joined Clark Farb Fiksel LLP in September 2012 and became a partner in January 2013.
J.B. received his law degree from Queen’s University in 2009 and was called to the bar in June of 2010. While in law school, J.B. was involved with the moot program. He was a finalist in the Mathews Dinsdale & Clark LLP 10th and 11th Labour Arbitration Competitions as a mooter and student coach. J.B. was on the Dean’s Honor List in 2007/2008 and won the P.E. Newbury Prize in Family Law.
During his final year of law school, J.B. went on exchange to the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. After completing the bar admission exams, he spent a month in Ghana working for the Institute of Local Government Studies.
In his spare time, J.B. remains active and is a hockey enthusiast.
“My relationships with my clients are paramount. My aptitude for business management, conflict resolution, and teamwork enable me to take a client-based approach and to apply legal knowledge and critical thinking to each unique situation.”
Areas of Practice
- Estate and Trust Planning
- Estate Freezes
- Wealth Management
- Sports and Entertainment
- Ontario, 2010
- Queen’s University, Faculty of Law, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Juris Doctor – 2009
- Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts – 2006
- Former Contributing Editor, Butterworths Educational and Professional Publishers
- Author of A Guide to Legal Institutions Published, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975
- Osler Commission on Legal Aid, (Co-Author), The University of Toronto Faculty of Law Brief, 1974
Past Employment Positions
- Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP, Associate Lawyer
FIRM PRACTICE AREAS
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Business and Commercial Law
- Employment Law and Wrongful Dismissal
- Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions
- Real Estate Law
188 Avenue Rd.
Toronto, ON M5R 2J1